You probably already know that kids who can tell the beginning sounds each letter makes are better prepared for school and go on to be more efficient readers. So I made this game so we can have easy and fun phonics practice in my own preschool program!
Your Preschool Needs This Fun Letter Game [FREE Download]
Letter Matching Game
As I mentioned, I made this game for my own class because we talk about the letter sounds, but some of my preschoolers just need something more.
Alphabet activities are the perfect way to get everyone actively learning.
Benefits of this letter game:
- engages students with fun and challenging play
- reaches visual learners through pictures
- provides independent practice to encourage long-term retention
Modify This Phonics Activity for Your Students
- Mark the right letter to the back side of the game card so students can check their answers
- Supply only a few cards at a time to make the game a little simpler
- Cut out the game board and it fits right into a pencil bag for easy storage!
- Laminate for durability
Here’s what’s included:
And here’s a closer look at the game board:
Easy to Prep & Easy to Play
Just cut apart all of the letter and clip art cards and you’re ready to play!
The instructions are right on the game board. Students can choose a letter card and place it on the top square. Then, they will find picture cards that begin with the letter and place them on the additional squares.
More Letter Resources